Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Annoyance

I don't know what the deal is this week. Stress, maybe. My body (such as it is) has been freaking out and that annoys me tremendously. Sunday night after I got out of the shower I was putting on a pair of pants, as I have time after time after time, but this time in particular when I lifted one leg and bent over to insert foot, pull up pants... my entire lower back clenched into one huge spasm of pain. I just stood in the bathroom panting and trying to hold my shit together, hoping it would pass, for about ten minutes. It didn't. Eventually I slowly pulled my pants on, took some of my leftover pain medication from my shoulder surgery, and went to prop myself up with about six pillows in the comfy chair. I couldn't even explain how bad it hurt without my voice getting all wavery. But anyway, ouch. It still hurts today, but nowhere near as bad. When I stand up after sitting for awhile I hobble around, tilting a little to the right while hunching slightly, until the kinks work out enough for me to walk properly.

The other thing that is pissing me off is my face. Haha. Um, yeah. I think its actually my eyeballs that the real troublemakers. I am way overdue for a new pair of glasses and the nerves around my eyes keep jumping. Yesterday it was one near tear duct of my left eye. Today it's just under my right eyebrow. And motherfuck is it annoying. I feel like my whole face is spasming. I know it's not - I've looked in the mirror when it happens and you can't even see it - but, sweet baby jesus is it infuriating.

And finally the last thing on my list of Junk That Is Really Pissing Me Off Today, is my cubemate's phone or possibly her laptop. She's not here, but her junk is. And SOMETHING, I don't know what it is, keeps making this PWOP-ing sound every five minutes.

In somewhat related news, I am T minus eight weeks and two days until unemployment. I've reluctantly posted my resume on HotJobs and CareerBuilder, but I'm worried the only thing I'll get in return is spam. I've applied to some jobs elsewhere, but haven't heard anything yet. It has only been a little over a week since I received The News, but I feel the end drawing near and it is worrisome. (Who talks like that? I just pictured myself writing that last sentence out with a quill pen in flourishing script by candle light while wearing a Victorian dress.) I don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing in three months. Scary. I'm still positive at this point, though. I am, possibly naively, thinking this is an opportunity for us to both find jobs we are happy with. I figure I have at least until the end of May before I really start freaking out. At that point, we'll be relying on school money and carefully tucked away savings (haha! that makes me giggle just typing it).

Now I'm gonna go get some lunch because it's 11:59 and that damn PWOP-ing is making me crazy.

No comments: