Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ani

Last night Wayne and I used our Tomtom (GPS navigation thingy, for you people living in caves) on a maiden voyage to see Ani Difranco at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia. While this isn't supposed to be a review for Tomtoms, I have to say it was so extremely useful. We had the wrong address originally, but we got directly to that wrong address with no problems whatsoever. A kindly Philadelphia police officer gave us directions to the actual venue which was luckily nearby. We found parking easily and afterward... I've never had an easier time getting out of a concert and back onto the highway than I did last night. It was so cool. Especially when you compare that experience to a couple of months ago when we went to Baltimore to see Ani. Nothing but headaches and road construction and confusion. Bleh.

Anyway, the concert...

We'd never been to the Electric Factory, but it was a pretty cool little venue. And I do mean little. We weren't standing right at the stage, but very close to it. Anaïs Mitchell was the opening act. Never heard of her, but she was good. I think I'll have to invest in a cd. Gotta support RBR!

Ani finally came out and just the volume of cheering and screaming went up by about a billion decibels. (I was hoarse afterwards.) She did about four new - happy - songs and a lot of older ones. I was left with the feeling, like I usually am, that I can't wait to see her in concert again. I've seen her in Oklahoma, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania. I tried to talk Wayne into going to see her again today in Norfolk, VA, but that didn't quite work out. That's okay, I guess. I gotta clean my house anyway.

No comments: