Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Still kicking

I'm not dead, honest. I am kind of bummed I missed June's monthly booklist, but it couldn't be helped. I didn't have much time to read or post here as we were busy moving to Austin (and breaking down in Virginia along the way). But we're here now, finally, and I'm still surrounded by boxes that need to be unpacked. Not much going on other than job hunting and staying up too late doing... what? I don't know.

This week we're going to meet some friends in Brenham (or some such town), then we're heading to my parents in OK with the intention of getting a new car while we're there. We desperately need one. As I said, the car broke down in Virginia, but this was even after we had it in the shop to get some hose fixed on it before we even left. Then we got to Texas and the air conditioner broke. NOT FUN. Then the radio broke. It's a downward spiral.

Austin's not bad. We've seen some of the sights while we were here (bars, bats, restaurants, Drew Barrymore), but I'm sure there's still a lot more to see. I need to go grocery shopping now. I'll be back when I have something more interesting to talk about.

No comments: