Sunday, May 27, 2007

Spintastic

Last Wednesday I went to a spinning class with Nancy at a spiffy little shop in Chesapeake City, MD called Vulcan's Rest Fibers. It was also their weekly Knit Night, so I met lots of nice ladies who share my affinity to fiber and generally being crafty. I got to use a Louet S10 spinning wheel, which was fun. I did surprisingly well at it. I'd only ever used a wheel once before and that was months ago. Anyway, the point is, I didn't go there with the intention of bringing a wheel home with me. So, of course, that's exactly what I did. (Just a rental, but still... That lady who talked me into it knew what she was doing. I wannit!) Although I bought some fiber at Vulcan's Rest (duh), I haven't spun it yet. This is some wool Nancy gave me to try out. I think it's turning out pretty goodly. No clue what I'll do with it yet, though.

1 comment:

katie said...

Hi, Heather. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's nice to know I have the only site on the internet that contains the statement, "I eat tofu and vote." Hee hee!

And it's always nice to hear from an Okie who actually likes Oklahoma! I totally understand your desire to see a tornado again. One of my biggest complaints when we moved to Boise was that there was no weather. "It's always so freakin' sunny here. Can I get a thunderstorm, please?"

Good job on the spinning. Luckily, that's a fiber obsession I haven't been sucked into...yet....